Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Table Saw 101

So we finally had a free weekend that my husband and I could both be in the garage together.  I needed him to be there when I started building the bench because I needed him to give me a crash course in Table saw 101.

I was pretty freaked starting out, because it's such a dangerous piece of equipment.  I wish we would have got the one that the blade stops if it senses skin on it, but we don't have the luxury of owning that one.  Maybe someday.

Like Norm says "measure twice, cut once".


Started out with all my measurements.


Then it was time for me to put my big girl pants on and make my cuts.  It's tricky holding onto the wood while pushing it through.  The table saw is also pretty quiet.  Our miter saw makes a BIG scary noise, this thing is pretty quiet.  That helps calm the nerves a bit.


You may be tempted to grab the wood next to the blade to move it out of the way. DON'T do that.  This is me jumping back after I make my cut.  Yeah, I was pretty freaked out.  I like my fingers and really want to keep them.


Here is all my wood, cut, sanded and ready for assembly!  I would say I made a good portion of the cuts myself, the rest my wonderful husband did.  SO proud of myself for using the big scary table saw!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. Next thing you know, you'll be using it all the time and teaching him some new tricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I hope so ;) Still to freaked out to use it without him here, but maybe someday!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...